PoolTec Digital Ultrasonic Algae Control
The chemical free alternative for swimming pools
Going for a swim in the pool should be a pleasure, but often we are confronted with the smell of chemicals or finish our swim with sore eyes or our skin feeling sticky.
Pool chemicals are not cheap and require constant monitoring. So wouldn’t it be nice to swim in a chemical free pool, but we all know that if we don’t use chemical additives, our swimming pools would soon turn green!
A PoolTec Ultrasonic unit can reduce your dependence on pool chemicals by 75%.
How does a PoolTec work?
- The transducer emits a complex pattern of ultrasound frequencies, generated in the control box by a microprocessor.
- The ultrasound signals cause algal cells to resonate, resulting in internal damage and eventual death.
- The ultrasound has the same effect on bacteria. It is bacteria in the water that settle on the walls of the swimming pool, it is this bio-film which provides a foundation on which algae can also grow.
- Eliminating bio-film means no green pool walls.
- Eliminating bacteria means no harmful pathogens such as E.coli.
Is Ultrasound Safe?
- Ultrasound is completely safe to humans and animals and affects only algae and bacteria.
- The power supply to the transducer unit, which is placed in the pool, is only 24V DC eliminating the risk of electrocution.
- The frequencies emitted by the transducer unit range between 20-50KHz